Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In general I'm a paranoid person. Especially with this renovation. My fear is that somehow I planted the wrong seed in a certain area. So.. Can you guys see a difference?

20170509_151429 by Tim Linden, on Flickr

Now to me it looks like hopefully I just somehow missed two strips with milorganite?? I'm not sure HOW but it looks like it could just be a tint lighter. Or maybe that grass is newer? Who knows. But now I'm paranoid that it's a different variety of KBG.

It is clear that the border with my neighbor is getting well defined because this KBG is way darker than his lawn. My old lawn used to be the same hue of green, even with milo.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Can you please post a closeup of the grass blades in the area where it's lighter green just to make sure we're not dealing with Triv or something else. KBG is indeed lighter color when it's young and then it darkens, were the lighter green areas seeded later than the darker green areas?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So in the photo you can see the thicker KBG and the thinner "whatever". One of the reasons I went all KBG is because I'm bad at IDing grass types. So it looks different but then again maybe it could be less mature KBG?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.