Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, sometimes I use it to spot spray weeds growing in mulched beds or other non-turf areas, but I never use it on my lawn - this is why:

You can drive around this time of year a pick these yards out. I think people hear it's safe to use glyphosate on their dormant Bermuda, but don't actually take the time to make sure it's completely dormant. Sure, that 3" Bermuda looked nice and dormant from the driveway, but now the lawn is going to look like trash for a couple months. :roll:

I simply don't use it - it's not worth the risk. When we have a mild winter here, there are areas of my lawn that never go completely dormant - so please:

[/endrant] ;)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Or at the very least use a weed wick lol they went a bit crazy with it.. Hope it wasn't extended control like this guy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173781/Man-destroys-40-000-square-foot-lawn-mistakenly-buying-weed-AND-grass-killer.html

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GrassDaddy said:
Or at the very least use a weed wick lol they went a bit crazy with it.. Hope it wasn't extended control like this guy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173781/Man-destroys-40-000-square-foot-lawn-mistakenly-buying-weed-AND-grass-killer.html
Oh WOW! Although I guess this photo could be used to demonstrate how he wouldn't have missed those strips had he applied it at half rate in two perpendicular passes. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
MedozK said:
Boy, did I learn my lesson last year. So glad for the help I got here from you guys last year.
Last year?? :eek: The forum is only a little over 5 months old! :lol: :lol:

Just joking, I knew what you meant :thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mightyquinn said:
MedozK said:
Boy, did I learn my lesson last year. So glad for the help I got here from you guys last year.
Last year?? :eek: The forum is only a little over 5 months old! :lol: :lol:

Just joking, I knew what you meant :thumbup:
Ha, yea really glad I was directed here. Glad to see the familiar names and lawns. Ready to learn and get another season under my belt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.