Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post this as I think it's a good idea and practice and have been doing it for years. I bought one of these Paint Mixers at Lowe's and I use it to mix ALL my chemicals before putting it into my Franken Sprayer. What I do is, fill a 5 gallon bucket like THIS with about 3-4 gallons of warm to hot water(I have a utility sink in the garage) and then add the chemicals and mix it with my Cordless Drill. After it's all mixed, I just pour it into the Sprayer which I have already filled with water and then just top it off to the correct dilution. Not sure if this will help anyone but I feel like it does a better job of mixing the chemicals and gets you a more homogeneous mix.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dfw_pilot said:
I like the idea.

For me, I just mix the small amount of chemicals in a corning mixing bowl of hot water. Then I just add that super concentrated mix to the bucket that I pour into the sprayer.
That is basically what I'm doing too!!!
GrassDaddy said:
gijoe4500 said:
I just put them in my backpack sprayer and shake it a whole bunch. lol
Same here. And jump around once its on.
That mixer I pictured is small enough to stick into the sprayer and mix it inside the tank too!! I've done that myself also!!!

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Don't buy a paint mixer that's been painted, pieces will flake off and screw up your sprayer...... ASK ME HOW I Know, lol
The bright shiny one I just got in the mail today from Home Depot. Finding a non-painted one was kinda a pain. This one is long enough to do my 12gal chapin sprayer well.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wal-Board-Tools-4-in-Paint-Mud-Mixer-43-014/202954593#overlay

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
atticus said:
steffen707 said:
Do you mean like this one.
ALLWAY HM5 Helix Paint Mixer Drill Attachment for 5-Gallon Containers https://a.co/d/j8OMxsZ

That exact one, in fact.
Sweet, I ordered one of those too, might return the metal one, but already threw the painted one away, lol

Ooh, do you run it clockwise or counter clockwise?

·
Premium Member
Cape Fear, NC
456 Posts
I have that one also. Bought it at Lowes or HD. I run it clockwise. I think it is designed to be be run clockwise. Like a boat propeller. But I think it would work fine in either direction. In fact, I may try it in reverse next time to see if it is a slower, more controlled mix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts