Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
Northern Mix (12k)
6,171 Posts
I have never heard of that. It's intriguing though. It would seemingly be cost effective if you had a lot of mulch. For me with only a few small beds buying the pine nuggets every other year isn't too expensive.

· Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,746 Posts
My experience with mulch is that it all disintegrates after a year or two and needs to be refreshed so I think spending money on the dye would be wasted but if one bottle will get you through another year with better color it may be worth it. Might be cheaper to buy a few bags to "freshen" up the existing mulch.

· Registered
177 Posts
I saw you posted the same product. I vouch for it on pinestraw. The spray covers a lot of area. Most likely, you will require no more than 1-2 gallons worth in a sprayer.

One tip. If you use this product, ensure the following:
1. You have sufficient quantities of mulch in the sprayed area. It won't look good in thin areas as you are essentially spraying dirt.
2. Fluff, if required, mulch before applying the product. The dye sits on top, so you don't want to disturb the area after spraying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.