Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know with a rotary it's a no no. But what about with a reel?

Balancing mowing when the grass is growing like crazy and life can be challenging I'm sure.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
I agree with J_nick, it's a messy business but it should do NO harm to the grass. I've also heard it's good to mow wet since it "lubricates" the reel/bedknife and prevents it from heating up for whatever that's worth:) I have thought about doing it this year to see how it goes, just make sure you hose your mower off afterwards and then dry it with the leaf blower.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good. Mowing wet not that big of a deal (actually good for reel and knife) as long is your mower can power through it and grass isn't clumping up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've mowed when wet with my manual push reel without issues as well. As long as you are mowing low, and sticking to the 1/3 rule, you shouldn't be cutting off all that much grass to cause it to clump up horribly anyhow. And if there is any clumping, you could break the clumps apart with a rake pretty quickly, afterwards....if you desired.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.