Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,092 Posts
Do you follow The LCN on youtube? I am still subscribed but stopped watching weekly because of his choice to go against the popular vote and keep his lawn 90% St Augustine. I'm not a St Augustine hater, but why ask your viewers to vote on something if you're going to do what you want either way?... Who does he think he is, the government?

He announced in his last video that he is moving again, but not far. The new lawn is 10K of St Augustine and he plans to show everyone how to stripe it... I wish him luck. I'll be will be waiting for that video.

With all that said, I'm not bashing The LCN... I've made a few Videos myself and I understand the amount of free time he is using to make videos for us to watch.
 

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
Joined
·
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Redtenchu said:
Do you follow The LCN on youtube? I am still subscribed but stopped watching weekly because of his choice to go against the popular vote and keep his lawn 90% St Augustine. I'm not a St Augustine hater, but why ask your viewers to vote on something if you're going to do what you want either way?... Who does he think he is, the government?

He announced in his last video that he is moving again, but not far. The new lawn is 10K of St Augustine and he plans to show everyone how to stripe it... I wish him luck. I'll be will be waiting for that video.

With all that said, I'm not bashing The LCN... I've made a few Videos myself and I understand the amount of free time he is using to make videos for us to watch.
I don't subscribe. I've watched a few of his that people have linked to along the way, but I rarely make it all the way through one. They usually have a little too much filler for my taste. I'd rather watch a 6-minute video of substance than a 12-minute one with 6-minutes of cutaways and other nonsense... but he has a ton of followers, so he must be doing something right. :thumbup:
 

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
I watched that video too and feel the same way as Red. I have to admit that I watched him a little just to see him fail. It seems like he is out of his element with warm season grasses and I think Bermuda scares him actually. I still subscribe and watch almost all of his video's since he moved to FL. I am still wondering what's going on with the lawn that he was helping to rehab in SC/GA, I can't remember. He does have quite a following but most of them are cool season guys from when he lived in IN. I don't care for how he is full of himself sometimes but he might be joking around so who knows.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,092 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
Well then my videos will fit your needs. Lol I struggle to make them long. I'm a get to the point kind of guy!

www.YouTube.com/grassdaddy
I've watched most of your videos over the past year, What do you use to record?

The Honda Rotary power adjustment (move the spring to the next hole) helped me out, Thanks for that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
I'm using a Sony handycam. Looks the same as my tape handycam from decades ago but the tech is real good. 5.1 surround sound recording and get this, the camcorder housing is a gymbal to the internal sensor so as you move it counteracts to take out camera shake physically!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,092 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
I'm using a Sony handycam. Looks the same as my tape handycam from decades ago but the tech is real good. 5.1 surround sound recording and get this, the camcorder housing is a gymbal to the internal sensor so as you move it counteracts to take out camera shake physically!
Cool! I'm just using my iPhone but wanted to look at other options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
LOL some people spend a TON of money on equipment, but really everyone is watching on their phone or in the little box on their computer. Nobody is watching 4K. All that extra quality just makes it take forever to edit and render so I went with HD. Less disk space too, and the quality is fantastic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
LOL some people spend a TON of money on equipment, but really everyone is watching on their phone or in the little box on their computer. Nobody is watching 4K. All that extra quality just makes it take forever to edit and render so I went with HD. Less disk space too, and the quality is fantastic.
Wait, I thought everyone watched youtube lawn videos in their personal home theater with Dolby Atmos. And you people say you are dedicated.

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
Now I gotta tell the wife this watching videos on my phone thing is not good enough!
Be careful though. I am now running a 1080p projector, 118" screen, 7 surround sound in-wall speakers, a pair of 18" subwoofers in the ceiling... and I'm trying to figure out what it'll take for me to get 4-6 more speakers in the ceiling (for atmos).

In fact, we don't even own a standard television anymore. My buddy's 70" looks tiny when we do anything at his place.

Front stage speakers hidden behind the screen



Screen on the wall.



Other speakers are hidden behind some wall art (printed on fabric, so its acoustically transparent). Raph and Mikey both have speakers behind them. There is also two side speakers that don't have covers yet, simply because I haven't ordered the fabric.

 
1 - 20 of 225 Posts
Top