Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
5.6ksqft Bewitched KBG in Fishers, IN
15,312 Posts
New blades are never sharp. But you blades don't look too bad.

Could you describe a bit more what you are seeing and your weather for the past 2 weeks? Is the problem in one 1 spot or the entire yard? Its hard to see a problem in a single image. There are some brown leafs and some spots.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lawn still looks green but you can see the brown spots on the blades throughout the lawn . We have had a lot of hot days with little to no rain with the exception of this morning .. I'll take another look after work and post better photos of the lawn . Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GrassDaddy said:
I see a lot of spots, but your sidebar says Bermuda and fescue, the dead looking grass could be the fescue dieing in the heat?
This is my front lawn , which I'm new to this and think it's TTTF. My side yard is bermuda for whatever reason they used different types

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LIgrass said:
There are definite lesions there. Need some TTTF guys or gals to confirm but I would look into Brown Patch if it keeps spreading.

http://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/diseases/brown-patch

That's what I was thinking too from things I've read . It's been pretty warm with little rain but I have watered when we didn't have much rain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The grass blades that have ridges or veins up and down the length is tall fescue. Those blades are showing dark spots on the blades. Those bacterial spores are a fungus / disease, most likely brown patch. Brown patch is the Achilles' heel of tall fescue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.