Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a dead spot from a couple of months ago, I assumed it was animal urine (we have foxes, coyotes, etc and dogs of course in the area). It could have been fungus but I didn't notice any. I decided to just leave it and see if the RPR I used filled it in any in the spring, a test basically.

Anyway yesterday I notice two new spots near the first one yellow and look similar. As mentioned it's been a couple of months. We have had some snow and frost already.

Could it be urine again? Something else? It's just weird they are next two the original spot but not touching.

Plant Grass Terrestrial plant Groundcover People in nature

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Female dog. They'll squat and hit one smaller area directly, opposed to a male who when trying to balance on three legs can spray over a much wider range, not hitting one specific area with as much "volume".
I never thought of this, lol. Anyway I just don't know what else it could be because it's close together, at the corner of the sidewalk and driveway, etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah no idea but, that doesn't look like urine burn, (had dogs my entire life and still do) though I could be wrong.
Maybe a different animal? Urine is different? Honestly no idea haha

Looks like heat damage to me. Like hot metal or plastic left on the lawn.
I can't see how that could be, I haven't had anything on the lawn, and haven't seen anyone else leave anything. It's also been cold (but I understand the sun can make anything hot with the right conditions).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts