Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you are familiar with the Weeks Turf Auctions so I figured I would post the link in case there was any interest. The list does look a little short this spring but maybe they are adding more in the coming week before the auction.

The next week they also have a Farm Machinery Auction that sometimes has interesting stuff also.

I have bid on a few things in the past but have been outbid (im cheap). I believe a few members may have made purchases before though.

Happy bidding!

·
Registered
146 Posts
This thread makes me regret buying my TC last year, but then I tell myself, baby steps.

I still wish I had been savvy enough to look at buying one used. I could have got two greens mowers for the price of my shiny new TC.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,863 Posts
Wes said:
This thread makes me regret buying my TC last year, but then I tell myself, baby steps.

I still wish I had been savvy enough to look at buying one used. I could have got two greens mowers for the price of my shiny new TC.
Don't feel bad - many of us (myself included) went from rotary to Tru-Cut to greens mower. The real sickness is when you have multiple greens mowers in your garage. :D

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
Ware said:
Wes said:

Don't feel bad - many of us (myself included) went from rotary to Tru-Cut to greens mower. The real sickness is when you have multiple greens mowers in your garage. :D
I am guilty of this too!!! I went from rotary to a new TC to a new Baroness. Knowing what I know now, I would have just gone straight to the greens mower but at the time there was NO information out there about them from a homeowners perspective. I'm glad we were able to break that glass ceiling.

I haven't gotten sick enough to have multiple greens mowers yet but I don't see that as I don't have a need for anymore.

·
Administrator
12,863 Posts
Lots of Toro Flex 21's, but what caught my eye were the (2) 2011 JD 260SL's (Lot #49 & Lot #50). That's a fairly late year model for an auction mower, and they have groomers. The 260SL is a 26" cut with a HOC range of 1/8 - 7/8". Would be great for a lawn. :thumbup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lawn Nut said:
Man these auction sites make me jealous! But i'm a glutton for punishment, I just cant look away
Me too!

I really would like to pull the trigger on one of these, but money is just a little too tight for me to justify the purchase of an additional mower right now. I think I might have to continue with the TC for another year before upgrading. I'm also afraid I wouldn't get the full benefit until I smooth out the front a bit more.

I'm hoping to see similar deals in the future (next year or after). In the meantime, I justify looking at the auctions as "gathering market info" so that I can recognize a good deal when I'm ready to buy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
SGrabs33 said:
These are going for cheap. 14 bucks for a Toro Flex 21!
A friend of mine bought it- He won 8 different mowers! 2 Jacobsons and 6 flexes.. I think he spent less than $1000 total and 12 hours round trip.
Lol. I've been watching those auctions without buying for years. I told him about it Wednesday before the auction ended on Thursday!

·
Administrator
12,863 Posts
tigertailbell said:
SGrabs33 said:
A friend of mine bought it- He won 8 different mowers! 2 Jacobsons and 6 flexes.. I think he spent less than $1000 total and 12 hours round trip.
Lol. I've been watching those auctions without buying for years. I told him about it Wednesday before the auction ended on Thursday!
Wow! That's awesome!

Welcome to The Lawn Forum - we're glad you're here! :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
tigertailbell said:
SGrabs33 said:
Wow, one reel for every day of the week!

Welcome Tiger!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Glad to see all the familiar faces (avatars).
The bad part is, he's not even one of us (his yard is terrible). He goes "0-60" , needless to say.
Good thing is he is much more mechanically inclined than I am so hopefully I can pry one of the Jakes from him once he gets it running nicely.

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
tigertailbell said:
Glad to see all the familiar faces (avatars).
The bad part is, he's not even one of us (his yard is terrible). He goes "0-60" , needless to say.
Good thing is he is much more mechanically inclined than I am so hopefully I can pry one of the Jakes from him once he gets it running nicely.
I'd be interested in one of the Flex units if he looks to unload 1 or 2 in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tigertailbell said:
SGrabs33 said:
I was watching most of the day and noticed one or two people picked up the majority of the walk behinds. Congrats to your friend on going all in, I like his style! Might as well buy extras in case you are missing something/pick out the best one or two and sell the rest.

Ware said:
Lots of Toro Flex 21's, but what caught my eye were the (2) 2011 JD 260SL's (Lot #49 & Lot #50). That's a fairly late year model for an auction mower, and they have groomers. The 260SL is a 26" cut with a HOC range of 1/8 - 7/8". Would be great for a lawn. :thumbup:
FYI only one of the SL's ended up selling ($900) and the others didn't go over whatever the reserve was set(highest non sale bid was $400). I have to say your 220E looks a lot nicer than these especially with a larger cut range, floating head, and electric powered backlap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.