Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too hot to right now spray. Temps here in OKC are in the low to mid 90's. Or is it?

What about a reduced rate of herbicide? So it won't brown the Bermuda/Tifway out?

Or let it brown and apply some starter fertilizer?

I have goose grass, yellow nutsedge, spurge, crab, Dalis and so on. Most need a special herbicide like Revolver for goose grass. I have Tremic but the above it won't kill. What do you all think?

slomo

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Topcat said:
Celsius is a popular hot weather herbicide used on Bermuda. Have you considered that?
Haven't tried it yet. Have a ton of money in others for my 1/3 acre. I seem to get the tough weeds to eradicate. Broads are easy with 2,4 D.

Thinking of glyphosate bombing it, killing it all off. Then I'd have more weeds jump into the open dirt. Only thing good would be I could level it out. Mix in some gypsum and organics for the lovely hard clay soil. This nice lawn is a lot of expense and work. Love it though.

slomo

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
high leverage said:
Spray in the evening as the sun is going down. I'd also pick up some Dismiss(sulfentrazone) for the Nutsedge. Not a fan of Sedge Hammer (Halosulfuron).
Isn't that the hottest time of the day though? Sun warms the Earth deal?? I see where you are going with it. Looking for cooler temps. Sedge Hammer works for me but it jumps up in other areas of the lawn. I bag with a Snapper Hi-Vac. Leaves NOTHING behind. Thanks for the info sir.

slomo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.