Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
I think the 2,4-D would kill that - it looks like more of a broadleaf than a grassy weed. There is so much of it, I wouldn't worry about stunting the bermuda a bit. Alternatively, Celsius would probably be the best option. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
luderiffic said:
Is it too hot for 2-4-d at this point? Celsius is ideal but expensive
Celsius would obviously be my first choice, but if your choices are 2,4-D or weeds, I would choose 2,4-D. It may temporarily stunt/discolor the Bermuda if applied at high temps, but it won't kill it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ware said:
luderiffic said:
Is it too hot for 2-4-d at this point? Celsius is ideal but expensive
Celsius would obviously be my first choice, but if your choices are 2,4-D or weeds, I would choose 2,4-D. It may temporarily stunt/discolor the Bermuda if applied at high temps, but it won't kill it.
Fair enough, thank you. I have over an acre to treat in the backyard so these are big financial decisions on what to use.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Redtenchu said:
If you have over an acre in the back, go straight for the Celsius. Like JNick said, it's cheaper per 1k of application and you have a lot to treat!
+1. You'll go to the poor house with a large yard without Celsius.

Another positive with Celsius or the Bermuda Triangle, is that weed ID becomes unnecessary.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay I tried this a while back but pic was too far back. Here are 3 more pics of the weed I have in my lawn, two up close and one far away so you can see the color difference. It's the only weed (that I can spot) I currently have.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It looks like a pale colored sedge to me Sedges grow so damn fast, faster than the grass does and since this weed appears to be taller than your grass, that's what leads me to believe it's a sedge of some sort.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alan said:
It looks like a pale colored sedge to me Sedges grow so damn fast, faster than the grass does and since this weed appears to be taller than your grass, that's what leads me to believe it's a sedge of some sort.
thank you, I appreciate it. i will have to look for a treatment for nutsedge, i had been applying treatment for crabgrass but this thing never died off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope its not Bahiagrass. that would be hard to get rid of inside bermuda. But it would explain why weed control spraying isn't killing it off. i looked at a crabgrass treatment i was using and it also controls nutsedge but was thinking of just buying sledgehammer to control it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
J_nick said:
If it's Bahiagrass I believe anything with Imazaquin as the active ingredient (AI) will kill it without damaging the Bermuda and if it's a nutsedge like Alan thought then it will kill it too. Might take repeat applications. Image Herbicide
thank you, i didn't know that about imazaquin. (didn't know it existed)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.