Lawn Care Forum banner

Turf Fuel

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  raldridge2315 
#1 ·
One of the members mentioned a product by Turf Fuel so I decided to look up the website. MAN IS IT PACKED WITH AWESOME STUFF. I spoke with a rep who I'm going to start buying from in alabama. The 2.5 gallon bottles are around 30-60$ each. I am in no way associated with this website but I thought I would throw it out there to see what others thought. I'm going to give some of them a whirl and see whats up.

http://www.turffuel.com

Maybe some of ya'll have used some of the products and can give some experience. Its almost 100% foliar. Just something new and different.

#5 ·
Some of those products, it's hard to say if they're really any good because most of us already have pretty good looking lawns and and are already staying on top of the basics like cutting, watering and feeding. If your lawn is 90% where you want it to be and some product gives you a 50% increase towards your goal of 100%, then that's still just a 5% increase. If your lawn was at 40% where you want it, and these products gave a similar boost towards your goal, then you would go up 30% and the benefit would be more noticeable. That's how I see this.

I would only spend money on any of this if I truly had a problem with my lawn or a problem area and was looking at alternative solutions.

#6 ·
Bunnysarefat said:
Some of those products, it's hard to say if they're really any good because most of us already have pretty good looking lawns and and are already staying on top of the basics like cutting, watering and feeding. If your lawn is 90% where you want it to be and some product gives you a 50% increase towards your goal of 100%, then that's still just a 5% increase. If your lawn was at 40% where you want it, and these products gave a similar boost towards your goal, then you would go up 30% and the benefit would be more noticeable. That's how I see this.

I would only spend money on any of this if I truly had a problem with my lawn or a problem area and was looking at alternative solutions.
Very good point. And I absolutely agree.
For the most part, if you water properly, apply basic fert every 6 weeks and cut/weed appropriately you will get the results you want. Its also fun to look at the science that is out there and experiment a little. I am going to try 3 products. Specifically minors fuel, quick green and base 25. I think i can say with accuracy (I hope) that pH and micros are a neglected area of yards. I haven't gotten my soil tested and I will, but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that I'm quite lacking on micronutrients and my pH is high.

and at 30$~ / bottle it can't hurt to try.

#7 ·
ajmikola said:
Bunnysarefat said:

Very good point. And I absolutely agree.
For the most part, if you water properly, apply basic fert every 6 weeks and cut/weed appropriately you will get the results you want. Its also fun to look at the science that is out there and experiment a little. I am going to try 3 products. Specifically minors fuel, quick green and base 25. I think i can say with accuracy (I hope) that pH and micros are a neglected area of yards. I haven't gotten my soil tested and I will, but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that I'm quite lacking on micronutrients and my pH is low.

and at 30$~ / bottle it can't hurt to try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.