Lawn Care Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1275 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where is the "triple LIKE" button when you need it ?

THANK YOU !!!

And yes, I need to find the sharpening around here. How to search for that, please ?

And parts ? I see in the manual, the chains don't last that long. Sounds like I need to have five or ten on hand, if they only last 100 hours.

What other parts should I have on hand / stock up ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don't worry about the chains I have owned a TC 20 for a decade (bought used) and used weekly. I have replaced exactly one chain in that time. Easy diy. Just search for local reel mower and you will find someone with a good rep. Grease gun and some chain lube and you'll be good.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Morning all, has anyone had an issue with the C-27 stalling while on a tilted mowing angle? Every time I get the left wheel lower than the right on a hill it stalls. If I mow the opposite direction, with the right wheel below the left, no stall. Thanks in advance, Ray

·
Premium Member
Centipede to Bermuda 10,000 sqf Fayetteville, NC TruCut C27 3 Nozzle Boom Sprayer Rotary Scissors
306 Posts
Have to look throughout this thread but could be the safety feature on the engine when it senses low oil level. In essence when the left wheel is lower than the right it triggers it. Could be as easy as checking oil levels and topping off.

·
Registered
330 Posts
UFG8RMIKE said:
RayTL said:
Morning all, has anyone had an issue with the C-27 stalling while on a tilted mowing angle? Every time I get the left wheel lower than the right on a hill it stalls. If I mow the opposite direction, with the right wheel below the left, no stall. Thanks in advance, Ray
Add oil.
Will try that, ty!

·
Registered
330 Posts
mre_man_76 said:
Have to look throughout this thread but could be the safety feature on the engine when it senses low oil level. In essence when the left wheel is lower than the right it triggers it. Could be as easy as checking oil levels and topping off.
Thank you, will check it out!

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
joesmoe3 said:
I gather TRU-CUT went out of business and sold the name. I see reference an the McLane site that Tru-Cut closed their parts factory in California in 2021, and the McLane (I don't understand the connection) has spare parts.
Others are correct, the trucut company got bought buy a manufacturer over the past year.

as far as parts, what your seeing is most likely the website, owned by Dolphin OPE a distributor in FLA that use to sell trucut and now sells mclane. they probably just have inventory of parts from when they used to sell trucut. @Reelrollers has plenty of trucut parts.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Twodollarblue said:
Does anyone know the diameter of a new C25 reel and width of a new bedknife?
I just bought a new c27. I'm not 100% positive but pretty damn sure that the only change with the new ownership is the Champ engine. Everything else is the same.. if you want confirmation on that call ReelRollers and talk to Lee or Andrew

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
GAbermuda said:
Twodollarblue said:
Does anyone know the diameter of a new C25 reel and width of a new bedknife?
I just bought a new c27. I'm not 100% positive but pretty damn sure that the only change with the new ownership is the Champ engine. Everything else is the same.
Really looking for the numbers where I can compare to mine to see how worn they are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does a 25/27 inch Trucut (more tires) have considerably more climbing power than a 20 inch, or would the lighter weight of the 20 inch outperform on a slope?

I am interested in reel mowers, and obviously Trucut seems like a good entry point and also a good climber from what I'm reading. My front yard is pretty sloped and the back has a hill that might be more than a reel mower can/should handle. I found a clean Trucut 20 for sale for $1000 that comes with front roller, casters, and grass catcher.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have never used a 25 but have owned a 20 and 27. Like you my yard has some slope and I can say that the 20 handles it much better. The 27 is huge and hard to handle vs the 20. The 27 struggled on the slope, no issues with my 20. Sold the 27 for a number of reasons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
falconsfan said:
I have never used a 25 but have owned a 20 and 27. Like you my yard has some slope and I can say that the 20 handles it much better. The 27 is huge and hard to handle vs the 20. The 27 struggled on the slope, no issues with my 20. Sold the 27 for a number of reasons.
Good insight, thanks.

For reference, I'm adding a few pictures to help everyone understand the slope of my yard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought a tru cut h20. Current gap between reel and bedknife is .012" with a feeler gauge. It also needs backlapping. I've watch the @Reelrollers video on backlapping a tru cut and Andrew mentioned moving the reel away from the bedknife to create space for the compound to work. He doesn't specify what that gap is? Does anyone have a recommendation.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
JavMan said:
I just bought a tru cut h20. Current gap between reel and bedknife is .012" with a feeler gauge. It also needs backlapping. I've watch the @Reelrollers video on backlapping a tru cut and Andrew mentioned moving the reel away from the bedknife to create space for the compound to work. He doesn't specify what that gap is? Does anyone have a recommendation.
I always go with .010 or .012. Basically you just want it as close as possible. But most importantly is that the gap across the entire reel is even between reel and bedknife.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another question - did not find in the manual - at least the one I have.

The handles for the one I have are adjusted for someone who is between four and five feet tall - painfully low for an average or taller person.

How is this adjusted please ?

1221 - 1240 of 1275 Posts