Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used tru cut a couple of weeks ago and I'm trying to get it ready for this year. One problem I've had is greasing a few of the fittings. Is there a trick or adjustment to get to the 2 fittings on either side of the reel. 1 of them, it seems is impossible to get the gun attached square and I've tried 3 different guns with flexible hoses.

· Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Congrats on the new REEl. Each bearing retailer has 2 on it, right? Both of those are greasing the same bearing so you only need to do one.

I've used a grease needle in the past to help get to the hard to reach ones. It usually just takes some practice :thumbup:

· Premium Member
2,506 Posts
rhanna said:
I've only found 3 near or on the reel. 1 in the middle and 1 on each side. I've found 12 in total
Your right. One of the shaft of the reel towards the right which is easy to get to. Then two on the right side reel bearing holder. Both of those grease the same bearing so you only need to get one of them. It may be easier to set the reel on its back and get one of them from the underside of the reel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.