Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://lawton.craigslist.org/grd/6193950366.html

Hi all, I am looking to invest in a reel mower, but there seem to be so many choices and opinions out there. I came across the link above, and was hoping you could provide input as to whether this is a good Mower and a fair deal. It appears to be in better shape than many of the McLane mowers I see on Craigslist, but it is also more expensive.

I currently have a Honda rotary mower, but it just doesn't go as low as I would like. I plan on leveling my lawn soon, and would like to reap the benefits with a reel mower that cuts lower and cleaner.

Thanks you in advance for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
I like it, seems to be in good condition. My first reel was a TruCut and was $600, and didn't look as nice.

I purchased a ReelRoller for another $175ish. You'll want a Roller for the front, so make sure to take that into consideration when looking.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Agree with the above. It seems like a good deal based on the looks. Almost looks brand new. Check the usual. Bedknife. Reel. Chains. Make sure it runs and cuts as is. Honda engine too!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Y'all are the best - thank you for the great feedback. I went ahead and purchased it. I can't wait to use it. I'll need a roller; not sure if I'll purchase or attempt a DIY. I'll search the threads first.

Ware - I agree, where can I pick up a sticker?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.