Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of these Tovolo Prep and Serve BBQ Trays from Amazon (also available at Williams Sonoma) and I'm really enjoying them. The trays nest, so you can prep and season your meat on one tray, throw it on the grill, then pull it off and put it on the clean tray - preventing cross contamination. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wardconnor said:
Does that Yoder sear or do you have another grill for searing steaks and stuff?

It's a pellet pooper right?
Yes, it is a pellet pooper and it will sear. I run it with a full set of GrillGrates and the 2-Piece Diffuser Plate for direct grilling. It is a versatile cooker, and it's hard to beat the wood-fired flavor. :thumbup:

https://youtu.be/DHA1regJ6uw

·
Administrator
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J_nick said:
Ware can you tell me the dimensions of the grill grates. I wonder if I could make them work on my Traeger
GrillGrates are available in many pre-cut and custom sizes, but here is what they say about using them on pellet grills:

GrillGrates work best on pellet grills when used on top of an existing surface. Rarely, if ever, do we do complete replacements on pellet grills. GrillGrates have much more mass than a traditional grill surface & can possibly effect the airfow design of some pellet grills. This is why we recommend our Sear Stations for pellet grills.
I guess the good news in that is the sear stations are cheaper than a custom cut set. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.