Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my Reno about a month ago but with working late and weather It's took me longer than expected. I'm located in South Georgia, and I am using Tiff Blair centipede. Thanks for reading I'll try to keep it updated as much as possible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According the the extension office the centipede should do well, since it prefers acidic soil. It's. Been a week today since ive put the seed down, no germination as of now but The bag says anywhere from 14-45. Days. What do I do about the weeds that have came up as of now? Let them be or clip them down with a weed eater?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mattblack15 said:
According the the extension office the centipede should do well, since it prefers acidic soil. It's. Been a week today since ive put the seed down, no germination as of now but The bag says anywhere from 14-45. Days. What do I do about the weeds that have came up as of now? Let them be or clip them down with a weed eater?
Weed invasion has to be the most frustrating part of seeding a warm season grass.

Best thing you can do is hand pull them for now. Centipede will be hard pressed to fill in by the end of the season, so get used to the weeds this year. You can start a good PreM program once the grass gets to stretching its leg out a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have almost 2 acres in total so by hand isn't really an option. I was going to just let them grow and start my pre/post weed control next year. I just didn't want to loose seed due to competing with the weeds.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.