Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
That's the one I currently have. It does a pretty good job. However.....you will eventually want a greens mower. After using mine for a year I wish I had gone and spent that money for a flex 21 or something similar.

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with the gentleman selling and he sent me some more pics. I have a close up of the reel. The drive wheels look new and outside of some surface rust in a couple spots it's looks decent. I asked him if it starts but he hasn't replied back. What are your thoughts on the continue of the reel?

· Registered
97 Posts
When I bought mine off of craigslist the seller always kept dancing around the "does it start" question. Turns out when I showed up it had been sitting with old gas in it for awhile and wouldn't start. The price was so good that I decided that id give it a shot anyway and see what I could do with it. All it needed was a carb cleaning and fresh gas. You might consider bringing some carb cleaner with you in case you have trouble starting it when you go to look at it. The Briggs carb is not that hard to clean, and the rest of the mower looks good. Also, you could always pull off an engine swap with one of the harbor freight predator engines as others have done.

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was my plan when going to look at it. It has sat for 2 years so I would clean the carb regardless. We haven't talked price yet so I'm trying to come up with a respectable offer knowing that I will be purchasing a front roller for it and not knowing if it runs.

· Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
gotgrass said:
What's a greens mower?
They are mowers they use to cut the putting greens on golf courses. They are more robust and generally easier to work on than the homeowner reels(TruCut/McLane). You give up maneuverability though. They are built to mow putting greens in the wide open so mowing next to any immovable object can become a challenge.

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going to pick her up Thursday. For those with this mower would it fit in the back of my grand Cherokee if I left the lift gate glass up and have the handle sticking out? Alternatively is the handle and linkages easy to remove?

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got home with her. After I agreed to purchase they had more calls about it. Thankful they held with my offer. After we agreed they put in a new spark plugs and she runs great. I was planning on a carb clean out tomorrow night.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.