Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
I'm terrible matching names with faces, but it's funny how I remember these lawns from year to year. Looking forward to following your progress. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
Looks like you already got pretty low, all you need is some Celsius and Prodiamine and you'll be fine!!! Glad to have you here tbdh20!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ware said:
I'm terrible matching names with faces, but it's funny how I remember these lawns from year to year. Looking forward to following your progress. :thumbup:
Thanks Ware!

I'm also looking forward to fixing/improving mistakes from last season. First is end of the season funk and laziness, thus the current spring weed farm :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mightyquinn said:
Looks like you already got pretty low, all you need is some Celsius and Prodiamine and you'll be fine!!! Glad to have you here tbdh20!!!
Thanks MQ,

Got it as low as the Honda rotary would take it (if I remember correctly 3/4"). I did blanket spray post but not Celcius want save that for the heat, had some leftover WBG and dropped Lesco 007 but will be investing in prodiamine for future Pre apps.
My to do rundown next.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iriasj2009 said:
Those weeds don't stand a chance. Will you be using a reel?
Thanks for the question as it has me thinking...
I'm considering using a combination this season and keeping it between .5 and 1". The problem I had last season was the grade between my yard and the neighbors just isn't conducive to running a powered reel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Currently working on manually trenching and installing steel landscape edging before the grass is "awake". Trying to clean up the overall look while taking out minor grade obstacles before a second attempt at leveling. I have to say it's kicking my a**!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Small update as nothing is completed and will probably be several days before the weather cooperates with my schedule.

Trenching and landscape edging for the front lawn incomplete.

Today received an electric dethatcher, after reading Reds review and started beating up the small side of the front lawn... I think it will aid in smoothing out the turf. The first three pics after running it in only one direction and the last after running the mat and blowing it off.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Here in SE Texas we hardly get any freezing temps. I maintained my bermuda at 1/2" going into winter. We got 2 hard freezes for 2 consecutive nights. 1st night 23F and 2nd night 25F. My lawn went from green to brown within 3-4 days. I mowed off all the brown grass (scalped) down to .3" and a week later once the temps were back in the 70s, my lawn started growing like nothing had happened. Just FYI, my lawn is fairly young. Last year I killed it and plugged it. I think you will be just fine so don't worry too much.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Guys!

So, with hopes of preparing the lawn earlier, better and keeping it closer to 1/2" season long. I'll ask the input of everyone mowing low with more experience than I. Last season, attempted a leveling project which helped but was basically, scalp with a reel, throw too much sand and drag. I'm thinking round two with a little more finesse. A multi-use thread could be a nice addition the site, with a preface and general recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
tbdh20 said:
Thanks Guys!

So, with hopes of preparing the lawn earlier, better and keeping it closer to 1/2" season long. I'll ask the input of everyone mowing low with more experience than I. Last season, attempted a leveling project which helped but was basically, scalp with a reel, throw too much sand and drag. I'm thinking round two with a little more finesse. A multi-use thread could be a nice addition the site, with a preface and general recommendations.
Are you going to start a new "leveling" thread or would you like one of us here to do it? It is a VERY good idea though to have one for people to reference!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.