Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Bewitched KBG (38k sqft)
2,328 Posts
J_nick said:
I bet 219 pounds would do it (weight of a JD 220B)
:thumbsup:

My QA5 heads each weigh 130lbs how they are currently setup. That weight is divided across 2 rollers so I would say a 60+lb roller should do it.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
LIgrass said:
Maybe fill up the Toro striper with some portland? I was thinking about doing this with extra fine sand but not sure if the weight of the roller will be too much for the toro bars. Have you noticed the clamp are a little too small for the HRX? It's shaky as it is.
I don't think you would gain too much weight adding in cement over sand. Now if you were to add some lead buck shot, it might make a difference.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mightyquinn said:
LIgrass said:
Maybe fill up the Toro striper with some portland? I was thinking about doing this with extra fine sand but not sure if the weight of the roller will be too much for the toro bars. Have you noticed the clamp are a little too small for the HRX? It's shaky as it is.
I don't think you would gain too much weight adding in cement over sand. Now if you were to add some lead buck shot, it might make a difference.
Besides extra-fine sand, I would think portland cement should be at least 2-3x as dense as regular sand. Think about how small a 94lb bag of portland is compared to a 50lb bag of standard sand. My toro roller only weighs about 20lb with play sand. Lead is not a bad idea either if someone has it cheaply available. I've read about using Tungsten too.

·
Registered
376 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
Yeah the toro is too thin for the honda I stripped a screw installing it. Ive been thinking about the old school metal lawn rollers.
I almost stripped mine too. I don't even touch the screws anymore. I just leave it in the same position even if I'm not using the striper. Toro really should include extra arms for Honda size handle bars or at least a disclaimer that it's not really fully compatible with Hondas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.