Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I should let my lawn go and stop mowing it after reading this article. At least this way I can stop burning so many fossil fuels which would make Al Gore happy.

My lawn is way too short anyway.

My neighbor text me last week after talk about a fence:
"I find it irritating to be next door to the town's finest green thumb who cares a great deal about his yard. In that situation there is bound to be controversy."

Pretty awesome huh?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
Lol the article screams liberal agenda. The author claims they were the morally correct person. They must be more righeous than I. I'm so tired of it. Meanwhile abortions are ok. Bah rant over.
You have to understand, a lot of these people have only seen a chicken at the zoo. They grew up between plaster walls in front of a TV completely disconnected from Mother Nature. You can tell how confused they are when they "fight for the environment" by vilifying everything that is natural and promoting everything that is unnatural. Mow away my friend.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
Yup! I know someone who "saves homeless birds". She cages birds in her home thinking she is saving them from the scary outdoors..
This made me chuckle! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in no way a liberal and believe folks like Al Gore have a hidden agenda and find them super hypocritical. I swear every enviromentaIist I know leave all the lights on, takes 45 minute showers, and keeps the AC on 60 degrees. I had a moral delimma with using milorganite after reading all the scary stuff about biosolids. Ultimately I decided to use biosolids in the lawn is probably the best solution. I mean the poops got to go somewhere.

All that being said I like to use milorganite and keep my lawn mow as high as possible. So far this year I've only and to water a few times and my yard is the greenest and thickest in the neighbor. I enjoy tons of wildlife in the city and conserve water. This is my third year and it's been the best so far. We'll see how the summer goes.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Nscottreed said:
I'm in no way a liberal and believe folks like Al Gore have a hidden agenda and find them super hypocritical. I swear every enviromentaIist I know leave all the lights on, takes 45 minute showers, and keeps the AC on 60 degrees. I had a moral delimma with using milorganite after reading all the scary stuff about biosolids. Ultimately I decided to use biosolids in the lawn is probably the best solution. I mean the poops got to go somewhere.

All that being said I like to use milorganite and keep my lawn mow as high as possible. So far this year I've only and to water a few times and my yard is the greenest and thickest in the neighbor. I enjoy tons of wildlife in the city and conserve water. This is my third year and it's been the best so far. We'll see how the summer goes.
Welcome to TLF!

·
Registered
594 Posts
It don't care enough about this bloggers opinion to actually research it but I would think having to cut frequently and the growth it stimulates would cause the grass to use more CO2 and ultimately negate any negative impact caused by using a gas powered mower. Versus having natural grasses that grow to a point and then they maintain their consumption and have no need to consume more to generate new growth. But what do I know? I'm just an IT dude, that could be classified as a computer scientist, and it's Friday and I have had a few beers. Cheers and happy weekend to all!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm sick of these people. It doesn't make you a better person but all we can do is mock these people. They are typically massive hypocrites at the very least and often worse. The guy sits there with his ironic glasses, typing away on a device or keyboard made from petrochemical plastics (fossil fuels) telling us we need to use less fossil fuels. I mean, what a power tripping creep. I've read a similar article where the author was actually making the claim that YOU should fly coach instead of first class because of carbon dioxide and you flying coach is going to change the weather. I wouldn't make such a condescending statement to my two year old if I were trying to get him to do something and this guy's writing articles lecturing us that we need to fly in smaller seats so the weather will stay the same. It's totally insane.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.