Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to determine the square footage of my property? According to the auditor I'm on .232 acre. That comes out to 10105 square feet. Does this typically include the area the house takes up plus land or just the land?

· Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,870 Posts
Yeah, that number would include the house, driveway, etc, but would not include any street right-of-way behind the curb (e.g. outside the platted red property lines in the aerial below). I would use the website Eric mentioned to get a good idea of how much grass area you are working with. :thumbup:

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome thanks guys! According to the website I'm about 9000 square feet. How precise does this need to be for measuring for fertilizer? I mean can I be 50-100 square feet off the measurements and still not kill my yard?

· Registered
326 Posts
I used findlotsize.com to visually mark out certain square footage of my lawn. Top one is for liquid apps with my 4 gallon sprayer. The bottom one mainly for milorganite, but can do some math for any granular application. I keep a digital lawn journal and use things like this for reference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.