Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a sprinkler system that is turned off and has been for a couple of months. Recently one of the stations has been randomly turning off and on although it is roughly the same time each day. The control box was set to off and recently was unplugged although Im not sure when, it is a shared property.

Any reason that this station would be cycling with the control box off?

Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be. TBH I'm not experienced much with these set ups. Was thinking if the Solenoid was bad or suspect the sprinklers would stay on? I may be way off. Yes system was pressurized as far as I know, we don't cut water to them. I'm in central California.

· Registered
5,575 square feet
9 Posts
"Risky to have water in winter unless you are in Texas or Florida" can you tell me something more about the location that has effects? I mean, good and bad both. I'm unware of the location part so it would be great if you can guide me.

· Administrator
5.6ksqft Bewitched KBG in Fishers, IN
15,377 Posts
When water freezes, it expands. The expansion breaks pipes if they are full of water. The risk depends on temps and duration. The fix is costly since finding the leak can be hard and you likely need to dig up the yard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts