Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a better alternative to the current spreadermate pump that it comes with? It’s pretty temperamental at times. I’m not sure if it’s on its way out or not. Just looking for a better one that doesn’t need me to reconfigure any of the current wiring or any major alterations.

·
Premium Member
20k Tif419 Bermuda in Greenville SC.
3,194 Posts
Anyone have a better alternative to the current spreadermate pump that it comes with? It’s pretty temperamental at times. I’m not sure if it’s on its way out or not. Just looking for a better one that doesn’t need me to reconfigure any of the current wiring or any major alterations.
Which one do you have and what pressure are you running?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I advocate for the 5 GPM pump upgrade (at purchase) for the SpreaderMate on the regular. It's better advertised now than when I bought mine. I'll post the label for mine once I get home.

I'm guessing you are running at 40 psi fairly often?
Yes I run 40 every time I spray. I burn through 26 gallons every time I put down an app so it gets used 1-2x per week or every 2 weeks during growing months

·
Premium Member
20k Tif419 Bermuda in Greenville SC.
3,194 Posts
this is great. Did the pump fit all the original fittings? Any alterations need to be made or extra hardware?
Mine was ordered from G-C this way. (at the time, there was only one line buried in the literature that mentioned they could do a 5 GPM upgrade) But the only difference I can see is that the inlet strainer and the pressure regulator assembly are turned a bit from their normal orientation.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
Just FYI, Northern Tool sells a 5 GPM pump that should work just fine with your setup, I've been using it for many years now on my own Fraken Spreader-Mate.

North Star 5.5 GPM Pump

·
Registered
43 Posts
I purchased the 5gph Flojet from kleen-rite.com. I think they are having a black Friday sale about now. It was cheapest I could find with shipping at the time for the exact model. Be careful though...there are about 20 different models of this exact pump. Don't get the wrong one. On my previous build I used one of the cheaper ones from Rural King and the Flojet is lightyears better in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts