Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long-term, I'd like to get a sprayer wand setup like dfw's. In the short term, I'm looking to spot spray Celsius for the rest of the summer in my new sod. As much as I'd love to go buy all of my equipment up front, I'm going to need to prioritize a little as funds become available. Say I have $150 to spend on equipment for now. Would I be better off getting say a 1-gal Chapin Premier 21220XP and add on dfw's wand setup OR going ahead and getting a backpack sprayer (like the Chapin 20V 63985) and using the stock wand for now and upgrade the wand down the road? I'll also want to be spraying Prodiamine 65 in the fall and I'm sure expand to everything else I need to make the yard look great over the coming year:) Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Area-wise looking at about 3.5k Celebration bermuda in the back, about 2.5k Meyer Zoysia in the front...then starting this fall, will take on the 5kish side yard that has been a source of wailing and gnashing of teeth since I moved in 3 years ago. So in total, about 10k sq ft, of which 5k is currently in good shape and other half will hopefully be by this time next year.

Are the teejets compatible with the Chapin or am I going to need an adapter? Looking for the thread size on the Chapin and can't find it w/a quick search. I"m assuimng an adapter is easy to come by if needed.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,863 Posts
The thread pitch is probably proprietary, but the TeeJet nozzles will drop right into the Chapin cap (see below). I'm with J_nick - I'd probably go with the 20V backpack if you plan to make blanket apps of Prodiamine, PGR, etc. You won't outgrow it on 10k, and you can mix up 1-2 gallon batches of herbicides in it for spot spraying. If I was buying one sprayer, that's probably what I would do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.