Lawn Care Forum banner

Soil Test Results 2022 - Central FL

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ionicatoms 
#1 · (Edited)
Good morning,

I recently had a soil test completed by Soilkit.com (bought from Lowe's), which I now realize is probably not the most thorough, as they only request four samples per area, per test. I previously had a soil test completed by UF in 2020 and I'm wondering if the new pH readings seem correct, or if I should re-test. When I completed my soil test from UF, my soil pH was 5.5 in both the front and backyard. Since liming two years ago based on the UF suggestions, my pH in the front yard has risen to 6.6, per Soilkit.com, but the backyard remains at 5.5.

I've also been trying to remedy the potassium deficiency with SOP, but my levels are still just as low. Should I try supplementing MOP as suggested, or continue with SOP applications?

Finally, my Zinc levels seem astronomically high, along with my Calcium levels. Is there any concern here?

Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Any advice?

Should I split up lime applications into smaller amounts over the winter because of my sandy soil? I find it strange I successfully upped my pH in the front yard to a 6.6, but the back yard remains at 5.5.

Is there any way to reduce zinc levels, or does anyone think the high level is from the soil probe or sprinkler?

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.