Hi all, I wanted to start a journal for the upcoming season so I can share my progress with my lawn this year.
Some background on the lawn. Last year I did a full renovation to my 2500 sq ft front, 500 sq ft side yards. This was the second reno I've done on the lawn. First was several years ago when I reno'd from a weed infested lawn to a nomix lawn. Last year I got tired of having to overseed the nomix every year so I went for it and reno'd again to a bewitched KBG monostand. The reno went pretty well and I was mostly happy with how it turned out.
I have a bunch of things I'd like to get done this year.
1. I'd like to thicken up the thin areas that didn't come in as well last year
2. Get into using more grain fertilizers like alfalfa, soy bean and cracked corn
3. Get the lawn on a proper pre-e schedule
4. Start using PGR and FAS (this one I'm excited about)
5. Fight fungal issues earlier and better
6. Get a new Honda HRX 217 mower to replace my older Briggs and Stratton
These are just a few things. I'm also going to try and level some areas of the lawn. It's not what I'd call bumpy but it does have some uneven areas that I'd like to take care of.
If time permits I would also like do a reno on my small under 1k backyard. I'll probably use the same bewitched seeds as I used for the front yard but will have to consider mixing in some fine fescue as the back yard has some very shady areas.
It's still early here to get into lawn stuff (the overnight low the next few nights is going to be around 8°F) but figured I'd start my journal now anyways.
Will soon get some pics up of how the lawn looks now. Until then here's a pic from last years reno.