Lawn Care Forum banner

Show me your stash!!!

20K views 64 replies 31 participants last post by  Awar 
#1 ·
I thought I would start this thread to see what everyone has around the house that they use for their lawn. Maybe get some good ideas or do things a little different. Here is mine, it is actually unused space that was under the stairs going up to the bonus room in the house. Shortly after we moved in, I started thinking to myself that there has to be useful space in there, so I cut a hole in the wall and peaked in and sure enough there was a lot of room in there. I had a buddy of mine that was real good with carpentry work come over and I helped him cut the hole out and frame up the door so I could use the space for storage. I added the lights later on and now has become my lawn care amendments room:) I like it because it stays about the same temperature year around since it backs up to the laundry room and is insulated.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmmm... I have to wonder about adding bird seed to the yard. I can see where it might increase organic matter, but it seems like it might come with some side effects as well. Does pre-emergent knock out sunflowers and maize as well?

Also, what's in the tank? If you tell me you are pumping carbon dioxide out on the grass I'm going to seriously question your sanity. :p

#4 ·
Wes said:
Hmmm... I have to wonder about adding bird seed to the yard. I can see where it might increase organic matter, but it seems like it might come with some side effects as well. Does pre-emergent knock out sunflowers and maize as well?

Also, what's in the tank? If you tell me you are pumping carbon dioxide out on the grass I'm going to seriously question your sanity. :p
haha.. it's my stash too.. bird food is mine.. I am obsessed with watching the birdies :p)

the tank is CO2 actually.. haha .. it's for the kids' soda stream

#5 ·
Wes said:

Well the bird seed is for the wife's bird feeder out back and the tank is actually CO2 that I use to refill the SodaStream that we have. It's mainly for the kids now since we don't really use it anymore. I will probably get rid of the tank when it's empty.

#6 ·
Mightyquinn said:
Wes said:

Well the bird seed is for the wife's bird feeder out back and the tank is actually CO2 that I use to refill the SodaStream that we have. It's mainly for the kids now since we don't really use it anymore. I will probably get rid of the tank when it's empty.
jinx

#7 ·
Mightyquinn said:
Well, I'm not advocating this level of insanity, but you could "empty" onto he lawn this summer when the grass has really come in.

#16 ·
Mightyquinn said:
Do you use the Clover compound to backlap your reel mower?
I do. Only once so far as I was using a NAPA brand I found locally before, but I like the clover so much better. It just seems smoother when using it.

dfw_pilot said:
Love the floor paint!
Thanks!! That was my requirement when we built the house, I wanted one room to fix my way and was lucky enough to get it. HA!

#18 ·
Mightyquinn said:
I've use the Clover compound before when I had a TruCut but I found that it was bit** to get off. It seems to really want to stick around. Just curious if you have had the same issues.
Definitely harder to clean up than the NAPA but the feel, sound and overall finish of the backlapping seemed so much better (smoother) that I just figured it was part of the deal for using better compound. What are you using? I'm always up for trying new gear, especially in the compound price range. :lol:

#19 ·
Even though I still have the Clover (I agree that it does give a really superior sharpening) I ended up getting some Pinhigh Lapping Compound. I bought the 5 lb container which is WAY more than I will ever use and the shipping there was kind of expensive @ $14. It does a good job and it's fairly easy to rinse off with a garden hose. I think I went with the 5 lb jug as I couldn't justify paying more for shipping then what I was buying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.