Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to plant some short trees in my back yard and have like a little flower bed around it. Something short enough that will not affect my bermuda with its shade. So something that doesn't grow more than 6 feet AT THE MOST. My backyard is kinda big but it is nothing but grass. No trees, no shrubs, no flower bed, no garden. Do you have any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
I just planted a Japanese Holly sky pencil I got at Lowe's. They grow to a max of 8ft. but of course you could trim it to keep it the height you want. Other than that I can't help much. I would just go to Lowe's or Home Depot or even a local nursery and see what they have and look at the tags on the plants or ask the employees.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,863 Posts
I have a number of those sky pencil holly. The largest ones (that get full sun) are about 8ft. They grow really slow.

I would look into something like an oakland holly if you want something with a little larger footprint. They will grow larger than 6ft tall if left unattended, but you can keep a holly trimmed back.

I don't know of any "trees" that you could keep that small - other than maybe a weeping Japanese maple.

I'm moving this over to the Landscaping subforum, as the cool season guys may have some good input. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.