·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Redtenchu said:
Seed Head production is natural, and nothing to worry about. There are some different PGRs that can reduce or stop seedhead production. I use Trinexapac-ethyl 11.3% (TPac EPro), it's not labeled to stop seed head production, but if applied before seeding begins it has been shown to reduce or eliminate seedhead production.
I've been too lazy to apply my pgr this year. I also used TPac last year. I'm killing myself with a 4 gallon backpack sprayer and haven't wanted to start it this year. I'm looking for something to push and save my back!

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
booneatl said:
I've been too lazy to apply my pgr this year. I also used TPac last year. I'm killing myself with a 4 gallon backpack sprayer and haven't wanted to start it this year. I'm looking for something to push and save my back!
How much area? Have you looked at this?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Total area is about 18,000 sq/ft !! My front is only about 6,000 Sq/ft which is manageable - so I have concentrated all my efforts on the front and just keep the back and side cut and fertilized.

Wow!! I like that price better than the $400 for the Earthway-plus the Earthway got some bad reviews which worries me.

Thanks.........I may be shopping soon :D

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
I haven't seen any seed heads this year yet but I beat the crap out of my lawn this Spring so I have a lot of really young plants growing right now. I have also noticed that when the seed heads start sprouting that the dreaded "grain" is not far behind. I'm also hoping that the use of my groomer will help keep them at bay also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.