Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new here but have been studying your lawns closely. I have a lot of questions and one of them is: Are Bermuda runners all good? All bad? Or can they be either? I suppose they look bad in good looking turf but what about them as a mechanism for covering bare spots? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
M311att said:
Hi everyone. I'm new here but have been studying your lawns closely. I have a lot of questions and one of them is: Are Bermuda runners all good? All bad? Or can they be either? I suppose they look bad in good looking turf but what about them as a mechanism for covering bare spots? Thanks.
As long as they aren't running over the concrete or on top of the lawn they are good!

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
As far as a mechanism for covering bare ground. The runners will spread out and at the nodes they will send down some roots. Slightly pull at one of the runners and you will see where it touches the ground it will have some roots, not deep roots maybe 1/2" long but eventually you could cut that runner away from the mother plant and it would become its own plant. Runners (stolons) are great! You can even cut them in undesirable places (like growing over concrete) and plant them in thin areas of your lawn and they will root (given enough moisture, check out sprigging or stolonizing) and help fill in any thin/ bare spots

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.