Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a toro greensmaster 1600 that is located in Florida. I will have to pay for shipppng and was wondering what company should I use to ship the mower from Florida to Mississippi. Any suggestions??

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Flow8966 said:
I am considering purchasing a toro greensmaster 1600 that is located in Florida. I will have to pay for shipppng and was wondering what company should I use to ship the mower from Florida to Mississippi. Any suggestions??

Are you buying from an individual or a company? The used turf equipment shops will usually have some freight carriers that they work with, and may be able to secure a better rate than shopping on your own. If buying from an individual or if you are on your own with shipping arrangements, a lot will depend on whether or not the seller is willing to palletize/band it for you. If the seller won't palletize it so it can be shipped via LTL freight, you will probably need to look into something like uShip. I know some have used it to ship greens mowers with success.

I really like those GM1600's. I think it's because I liked the wider cut of the 27" Tru-Cut I had. You have a yard where that would really work nicely. Keep us posted! :thumbup:

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Flow8966 said:
Did you have a grooved roller for your trucut? What do you cut with now?
I had a smooth roller on my Tru-Cut, but I no longer own it. I have a Toro GM1000 and a JD220E now. Reel mowers are kind of a sickness. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
just had my Toro Greensmaster 3150 triplex and verticuts reels sent from Florida to Lubbock, TX for just over $600 - they put the mower and reels together on a pallet. My other Toro triplex was shipped from new jersey to Lubbock using U-ship and was $800 ish

Tru-cuts only have solid rollers that I can find unless custom made - the big three company mowers have many more options for front roller sizes, weights and groove patterns

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree!!! Just bought the trucut last year new and I am thinking that I will probably get a better cut with the toro. What do you think. Could you see the difference when switched to the toro?

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
Flow8966 said:
I agree!!! Just bought the trucut last year new and I am thinking that I will probably get a better cut with the toro. What do you think. Could you see the difference when switched to the toro?
I think there is a better cut with a greens mower over a TruCut/Mclane. It's almost like going from rotary to reel but not as extreme. Plus it is SO MUCH easier to dial in the reel to bedknife.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.