Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Daytona 9B - 8k Common Bermuda
109 Posts
I use a standard 3oz mini tube gun from home depot for my 260B. It came with a 6" or so nipple, but I wasn't able to get it into a couple zerks down around the drum. I ordered an 18" hose to replace the nipple. I do use the 3oz JD SD polyurea grease tubes, but I get them for very cheap through a connection.

· Premium Member
20k Tif419 Bermuda in Greenville SC.
3,234 Posts
I like marine grease, aka: boat trailer bearing grease, waterproof grease, etc. Good for high-speed bearings, like your reel bearings, but comes with excellent water resistance, which helps on equipment that sees heavy dew and/or frequent washdowns.

· Administrator
5.6ksqft Bewitched KBG in Fishers, IN
15,377 Posts
Be careful. JD uses two different greases type (polyurea) that are not compatible with other greases, so dont mix it. The reel bearing uses very thin/oily grease.

· Premium Member
6.3ksqft Bewitched,Bluebank, Blue Note KBG in Summit, WI
330 Posts
Be careful. JD uses two different greases type (polyurea) that are not compatible with other greases, so dont mix it. The reel bearing uses very thin/oily grease.

is that just for the 220E (or QA5 cutting units) that use a different grease for the reel bearings, and polyurea for all the other zerk fittings, correct?

and non 'E' verisions I believe you can get away using just the JD polyurea NLGI 2 grease?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts