Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20k Tif419 Bermuda in Greenville SC.
3,194 Posts
Thanks @uts . I can definitely implement this strategy in the back yard pretty easily. Front yard is a little trickier but I get the logic behind it. Really want to get a EV ZT with nice bagging system but those are still primo bucks.
I hate to be "that guy" but EV ZTRs are still way too much money IMO. You can buy a gas powered ZTR of the same or better quality, with a bagging system, and still have enough money saved to take the wife out to dinner every week for the next year.

·
Premium Member
20k Tif419 Bermuda in Greenville SC.
3,194 Posts
It seems like everything is a ton a money these days! I'm really keen on staying away from gas engines as much as possible going forward. Hopefully prices drop as there is more adoption for residential use-cases. In the meantime I'll be saving while pushing (and complaining)
If it's for convenience reasons, something like a ZTR/Lawn tractor isn't nearly as troublesome as handheld equipment. For most, I think battery handheld is fine, even if it does come at a bit of a premium over gas equipment. But $5,500 for an EV ZTR vs $3,200 for an equivalent gas unit seems like an eye-watering premium to pay. That said - a shiny new EGo just showed up in my neighborhood, maybe he'll let me try it out. You know, for science!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts