Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever put a putt-putt course in their yard? My mom did it with her bermuda lawn without a reel mower, so the grass was about 2" high. She had 9 holes in the front and 18 in the back. We used to get out there after cooking out, drink a few and go a few rounds. After seeing all of these bermuda lawns, I was just wondering if anyone has done it. I am thinking about doing it next year in my front yard.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
As cool of an idea as that is, I don't see how you were able to "putt" the ball through 2" high bermuda :D. I would definitely be interested in seeing it though!

Just FYI, Fayetteville,NC is where Putt Putt golf was invented but sadly the original one is no longer open as it's not in a good part of town :(

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Mightyquinn said:
As cool of an idea as that is, I don't see how you were able to "putt" the ball through 2" high bermuda :D. I would definitely be interested in seeing it though!

Just FYI, Fayetteville,NC is where Putt Putt golf was invented but sadly the original one is no longer open as it's not in a good part of town :(
Sounds like a retirement renovation made just for you and touchofgrass!

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
SGrabs33 said:
Mightyquinn said:

Sounds like a retirement renovation made just for you and touchofgrass!
That lot has been sitting empty for many years, they tore out the Putt Putt course and made a club out of the building. I do not have the money nor the time and patience to deal with that :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She doesn't have it anymore. My dad's health had been pretty bad the past few years before he passed away this year. So she didn't have the help with the yard like she had before. My son cuts her grass and I weed eat for her. She still works in the garden and does other stuff in the yard but the holes were covered a few years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.