Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Anyone see this? I'm pretty sure it's Kentucky Bluegrass that I planted, but I thought it was a weed at first. Then when I looked closer I saw one side is purple the other side is green.

Now my thoughts are its either phosphorus deficiency or sunlight deficiency. But I figured I'd see what you guys think!

Tim

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
I think it's still early in the season and the grass is still waking up. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. Have you had a soil test done in the last few years?

·
Super Moderator
5,474 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
Yeah I do one every year. Its only in a small 2x5ft area.
What was the Phosphorus reading?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the result from last year:
http://timlinden.com/soiltest3.png

Now I was told phosphorus was good but honestly I don't know how to read soil test results yet. That is something I want to learn more about this year.

·
Super Moderator
5,474 Posts
Have you seen THIS

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put a small amount of starter fertilizer by hand in the middle of it (1sqft area) and within a week it was green. So I went ahead and put down starter fertilizer on the whole side yard and it's all looking good now, not 100% yet but doesn't look sad!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.