Lawn Care Forum banner
201 - 220 of 226 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Fertilizer question - my high temps will be mid 40’s - 50’s the next 4 days and then they drop significantly around Christmas.

It feels like my PRG has become stagnant, so I’m considering spraying Urea and Iron Sulfate. Is it pointless with these temps, or can I still expect to see an effect?

· Registered
6.5k of Tifway 419 in N. Alabama
126 Posts
Has anybody else's rye lost color after the bad cold snap last week? I feel like it should be greening back up now, worried that it has some bad damage from the cold.
View attachment 4524
Yes. Mine was dinged pretty hard. This is my first time with PRG so we'll see what happens this week with some rain and temps in the 60's. I'm hoping it bounces back.

· Registered
California Trimmer 20" 7-Blade
504 Posts
Going through the exact same thing. Mine was under regulation during the cold snap. So maybe it was a delayed reaction? Mine didn't start yellowing until the warmth came back

· Registered
6.5k of Tifway 419 in N. Alabama
126 Posts
Ok. Ok. How on EARTH did you get it so dark? Spoon-feeding? Iron? Mine gets a little dark but that looks dyed!!! Wow
Thanks. I'm under regulation too. I was spraying .25#/M of Urea every two weeks along with some Main Event @ 2oz/M. I was due for an application and my Chapin sprayer quit so I threw down some granular I had laying around. It got really dark a few days later.

· Registered
California Trimmer 20" 7-Blade
504 Posts
Thanks. I'm under regulation too. I was spraying .25#/M of Urea every two weeks along with some Main Event @ 2oz/M. I was due for an application and my Chapin sprayer quit so I threw down some granular I had laying around. It got really dark a few days later.
Ah, so you noticed the biggest difference after the granular app? Interesting. Looks I'm gonna start .25lb of N/Urea every two weeks. See what it gets me. The Tnex itself has caused a lot of darkening. But I'll try the urea spoon feeding

· Registered
11 Posts
I just have to laugh at myself - clearly I missed some spots when spraying.

That said, this is after 24 hours. The difference is pretty insane - sprayed Urea and Iron Sulfate.

Unfortunately I think I also may have scalped my lawn a bit back in November, hence the not great coverage.
Plant Water Grass Road surface Asphalt

· Registered
Atlanta | CitraBlue St. Augustine
68 Posts
I just have to laugh at myself - clearly I missed some spots when spraying.

That said, this is after 24 hours. The difference is pretty insane - sprayed Urea and Iron Sulfate.

Unfortunately I think I also may have scalped my lawn a bit back in November, hence the not great coverage.
Keep us updated. Hopefully it grows out of it.

201 - 220 of 226 Posts