Lawn Care Forum banner
181 - 200 of 226 Posts

· Registered
California Trimmer 20" 7-Blade
504 Posts
Aggravating not to be able to get out n mow with the Cali Trimmer. Those monsoons we had coupled with the winter chill has my clay soil really really damp/wet. And to have rains coming back again Monday, I've only got a few days window to try n cut it down to .50"-.62". Not sure if it'll be feasible without leaving massive ruts in the yard and mashing down grass. Any options here? Our temps have been stagnant in the low 50s high 40s

· Registered
316 Posts
Walk around and check the mush factor. Maybe find a less obvious area to do a sample test pass. Not cutting, just a drive over to see. Then it's up to you, deal with possible ruts, or deal with crazy tall rye.

· Registered
504 Posts
Walk around and check the mush factor. Maybe find a less obvious area to do a sample test pass. Not cutting, just a drive over to see. Then it's up to you, deal with possible ruts, or deal with crazy tall rye.
Ruts it is....commencing mowing session fingers crossed

· Registered
504 Posts
This is about a week ago. Got a cut in and edge. Ground was finally starting to dry up.....then more rains. If the rains continue through winter? I don't think I'll be Overseeding anymore. It's too hard to mow soggy lawns that take 2 weeks to dry out. With a heavy reel mower, that leaves ruts everywhere. Otherwise, I cut it a tad low hence the lighter shade of green.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Plant

· Registered
2 Posts
Planning ahead for spring: I’ve got 3000 sq. ft. of Bermudagrass overseeded with Perennial Ryegrass in Zone 8A. MSM Turf is around $25 on Amazon and DoMyOwn, but I’m wary of using it to remove the PRG because I have nearby trees and ornamental shrubs. Is there another option at the same price point?

· Registered
2 Posts
I believe you can use Certainty (sulfosulfuron) to spray out PRG in the spring. It's slower to work but is much safer for trees and shrubs.
Thanks! DoMyOwn sells 1.25 oz of Certainty for $120. Do you know where I could purchase a smaller quantity? If I did the math right, 1.25 oz applied at the label rate would cover 10–15 years of applications on a 3000 sq. ft. yard.

· Registered
504 Posts
Anyone know why I'm seeing this stark difference in color? I'm seeing very dark green like I want it, and areas of a much limer green/yellowish. Fertilize using AS every other week at .25lbsN/1k. Have sprayed iron twice and PGR once since Halloween.
Plant People in nature Tree Grass Flooring

Plant Grass Groundcover People in nature Grass family

· Registered
504 Posts
dfw I see some algae in your photos, let it dry out a bit.
You see algae? Care to point it out? It's not even close to being waterlogged. I just recently started watering again at 2min 4x a day.

· Premium Member
Celebration and Common Bermuda 10k Sq. Ft. Cal Trimmer, Ryobi Electric, Rotary Scissors
486 Posts
Maybe your spray pattern isn’t as consistent as you are hoping it is. You may also try increasing your hoc and see if it evens out. You’ll have the grass for a few more months so you have some time to try and establish what may be causing it.
Sometimes I’ve noticed prg doesn’t green up at the same rate when it’s younger, and as it matures it evens out.
Anyone know why I'm seeing this stark difference in color? I'm seeing very dark green like I want it, and areas of a much limer green/yellowish. Fertilize using AS every other week at .25lbsN/1k. Have sprayed iron twice and PGR once since Halloween.
View attachment 4177
View attachment 4176

· Registered
504 Posts
Maybe your spray pattern isn’t as consistent as you are hoping it is. You may also try increasing your hoc and see if it evens out. You’ll have the grass for a few more months so you have some time to try and establish what may be causing it.
Sometimes I’ve noticed prg doesn’t green up at the same rate when it’s younger, and as it matures it evens out.
Could have a point with the maturity. But as far as spray patterns, I'm using the teejet nozzle with a wide spray pattern. Only have 750sqft and spray in two directions lol also, I don't spray my fert. It's granular.

181 - 200 of 226 Posts