Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to learn a little about insecticides. Every year I seem to get some type of insect invasion. If it's not army worms, then its something else eating away my bermuda. I know I will always have some inescts in the yard, just trying to make sure my yard doesn't keep looking like ufo's have landed in it.

What insecticides do you use for prevention and curing insect infestation.

FYI, I haven't taken the gas powered reel mower plunge YET. My HOC is 2" w/ a rotary mower until I bite the buller on a gas powered reel mower.

Thanks for any educational advice you can give. Over the past 1+ months of reading this site many, many times per day, I am learning just how much I have to learn about properly caring for my 12K sq ft slice of paradise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks J_nick. This is exactly what i was looking for. I have been using bifenthrin to kill the army worms. Just applied some granular Imidacloprid on MQ's recommendation in another thread.

In general w/ Inescticides and Herbicides, do you find it is more cost effective to buy liquid products rather than granular products?

I have been reading about the different sprayer recommendations as well as the dfw wand setup. Just trying to decide long term which way I want to go. I currently have a 50lb Lesco spreader so can;t stomach buying the 80lb one w/ Fraken sprayer mate setup. Have been reading about the Chapin battery powered pack as well... decisions decisions

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
drlushin said:
In general w/ Inescticides and Herbicides, do you find it is more cost effective to buy liquid products rather than granular products?
YES, almost 100% of the time. When you buy a product that is designed to be applied through a spreader, you are having to pay for that AI(Active Ingredient) to be combined with some inert material so that it can be used with a spreader. Buying the concentrate of anything will almost always be cheaper and get you more bang for your buck and will allow you to apply it to smaller areas too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.