Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had originally posted this on ATY, but haven't received a response. Probably because all of the talent has moved over here!
Anyway, I put down Pendimethalin on March 1st and wanted to do a booster in early June. I have obviously passed that window, so this is for future reference only. Do I have to use Pendimethalin again, or can I apply something else (like Dimension)?

I was disappointed by the Pendimethalin application last Fall (I am certain it was laid down in time). My lawn did not respond well to it. My three choices were lay it again as a booster, switch to a different product, or do nothing at all.

Lastly, can I lay both in the future? Pendimethalin seemed to do well with the Poa, and Dimension seems to work well for crabgrass and many other weeds.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
+2. I think everyone here uses Prodiamine or Dimension.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,863 Posts
I use Prodiamine - half the annual max in spring and half in fall. I get a few break-through weeds, but nothing unmanageable. Another thing to keep in mind is the longer you're on a good pre-e regimen, the better results you will get.

Welcome to TLF! :thumbup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
j4c11 said:
Use prodiamine, it will do well on anything - Poa, Crabgrass, you name it.
The good folks on this forum recommended I use Prodiamine as a Pre-E. With the right cultural practices and a good application of the Prodiamine, I can say it has had a positive effect on my yard in heavy areas of crabgrass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.