Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas,

I am looking to build a drag mat soon and was thinking I could use a pallet instead. Would this be too heavy or would it work? Going to have sand delivered this week and do the entire yard, so I need something that will cover large area. I dont want to buy $100 in fence to make the thing. What about chicken wire fence, thats a bit cheaper?

Thoughts?

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,865 Posts
How big is the lawn? You could order something like this 5x3' drag mat that is probably better suited for the job. Here is a 3x3' that is a little cheaper. A pallet would probably work, but I don't think it will give you the finish you could get with a steel mesh drag mat. The drag mats also roll up nicely for storage... which is important because once you level, you'll probably want to do it again... and again :D. That said, I can understand trying to keep costs down.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Pallet should work just fine - I find drag mats only do so much since they are rather flexible and unless you add some weight to them they don't move much material around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.