Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you, on October 10 I put tall fescue seed and it germinated very little, now I would like some tips on what I can do in spring to have a beautiful grass, it's already frozen here in Oklahoma and I don't think it will germinate anymore
Sky Plant Land lot Slope Grass

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Listen to fraust, Oct 10 was too late. Spring overseeds are doable but very difficult without irrigation. I do not know your local climate but i bet it is hotter and dryer than Ryan Knorr's.

One addition: Soil test: Have you ever done one? Fix PH, mind your NPK and it will grow.
What's up, if that's what I thought it was too late, I tried to put seed in some places but failed, no grass came out
I want to try before spring but I would like some tips such as what to use, in fall use tenacity and fertilizer for new grass, and I do have an irrigation system so water should not be a problem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before spring?

10 days before spring,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried to get some seed going in the spring this year and it was a failure. Germinated and started growing but the summer temps were just too much. And I watered the shit out of it. It just couldn’t make it.

Just wait until the spring and lay a little compost done, throw down tttf and kbg mix, press the seed in ( I use a large, thin board ), Cover it with peat moss. I find a peat moss spreader to be well worth the investment. Then make sure you keep it moist. Water early for 10 minutes then again in the early afternoon and late afternoon and early evening. Just don’t let it dry out.
what's up friend, that's what I'm going to do, thank you very much, but one question, it's already half cold here and I don't know whether to continue watering or not,
This is my second time trying, I am a beginner and I have spent a lot of money but I am learning, I would appreciate any tip you could give me, thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also I would recommend reading through posts in the forum. You can learn a lot just from reading other peoples posts. Espically the cool season lawn guide.

What city in OK are you in? You may be able to do a warm season grass.
good morning, i live in guymon ok, so i won't put seed this spring?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
you’re in the transition zone.Research what that means and decide for yourself if you want to go with cool season grass or warm season grass. Cool season grass you lay seed late summer warm season you could lay in the spring.
what would you do? in october sow tall fescue but it was too late and it didn't turn out well, I paid a lot of attention to it but it turned out badly, it's been 2 years now that I've been trying to do this and the truth is this spring I wanted to see my yard with a green lawn, what would you recommend? do, can I mix with another seed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts