Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my oak tree in the front yard. It looks like oak wilt. Has anyone ever seen it and is there anything I can do about it.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
Are you sure it's oak wilt?

My Bradford Pear looks bad too because it started to leaf out and then we had a freeze so there are some black leaves on it but it came back. I would say just give it some time to fully warm up.

I'm no Arborist and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night either so take my words with a grain of salt :) If you are worried about it just get some one qualified to come look at it.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
I'm no help either, but if I had to guess it would be that your turf is trying to scare it away. Oak shade trees and bermuda aren't friends. :lol:

·
Administrator
12,864 Posts
Does the discoloration start at the tips of the leaves and work inward?

Did a little reading and it sounds like a nasty condition if that's what is going on.

·
Administrator
12,864 Posts
dfw_pilot said:
A lot of HOA's around here, mine included, requires a tree in the front yard. I don't know about AJ's situation, but I'm sure the HOA is thinking it will help beautify the streets in the long term, but sadly at the grass's expense.
Good point - definitely something to consider.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ware said:
Does the discoloration start at the tips of the leaves and work inward?

Did a little reading and it sounds like a nasty condition if that's what is going on.

Thats EXACTLY what it looks like. Unfortunately it looks like there isnt a cure, even anti-fungal drenches wont fix it. It spreads like wildfire, and a bunch of trees down the road are showing signs.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
dfw_pilot said:
A lot of HOA's around here, mine included, requires a tree in the front yard. I don't know about AJ's situation, but I'm sure the HOA is thinking it will help beautify the streets in the long term, but sadly at the grass's expense.
Ha, after you said that I went to check our guidelines and I think I am safe. Though, every other house may have a tree. I think I would have been getting my letter by now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.