Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my names Rob Baxter and I just signed up to this forum. I usually try and read as much as possible about the subject matter I'm working on (lawn for instance)but seem to have been hitting a wall lately, which means for me, its time to join a forum and learn and ask what I can, to hopefully find answers to things I haven't been able to locate elsewhere online.

My biggest issue right now is finding products in Canada (I live on Vancouver Island) that meet the needs of my lawn. I see and read lots of great information online about products that would help me, but when I go to find them in my area, my search usually ends up with nothing. This is pertaining mostly to chemicals, not that I want to use many of them, just the select few I believe I need I cant seem to get my hands on. Since our lawns and products here in Canada differ from the United States, I hope to meet some like minded individuals that can help me source these "hard to find" products for me and my lawn.

Im not an expert by any means, just a passionate enthusiast whose been looking after his lawn seriously for just about 2 years.

I post most of my lawn pictures on Instagram @live_lawn_and_prosper or @robbiebaxt (though you will see mostly my project cars on that one).

Looking forward to networking with you all.

-Rob

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Welcome to TLF! I flew over Vancouver Island this afternoon.

It's too bad there are so many limitations on specialized herbicides up there. They are powerful, but with proper use, they can actually reduce how much chemical is actually put down; i.e. using Celsius/Certainty/Tenacity. There are a few Canadian members here and they may offer more help for something specific. Also, maybe you can talk to a local golf course or arboretum to see what types of products they use, and if any would work for a homeowner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.