Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you've seen my posts, I have switched to a reel mower and made some HUGE progress. Lawn looks absolutely fantastic. However, I am having one trouble spot. Take a look and let me know what you think. I do constantly have kids running right through here so if it looks like it could be from traffic let me know. It's about a 4x4 ft area - rest of the lawn is completely green. From a few feet back, the spot really isn't too bad but I still cant stand it. Help please!

(All the shrubs (boxwoods) are new, so don't laugh at the size!

More water? We've had TONS of rain and I religiously use my irrigation system I just had installed.

Fungus? Etc.?

Here's one in case you haven't seen the progress! Lawn is tiny on one side and large on the other!

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
Have you checked to see if there is anything under the soil causing the brown grass? Take a screwdriver and probe around to see if you hit anything. Only other thing I can think of is some kind of fungus but I'm no expert on that. Someone else here on TLF is having a similar issue.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
Might just give it a week or two and see what happens then. Have you sprayed anything on the lawn? Do your kids play in that area? Do you put sunscreen on them before playing outside?

I'm just grasping at straws right now :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.