Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you that helped me out already know, I just got my first reel mower today. It's a McLane 20in with a 5.25 Briggs motor (wish it had a Honda). I'm not sure how old it is but if it is old the never used it, the thing is super clean!!!! But no one cares about the print, here's the pics!!!

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Yeah, agreed that thing looks great. Congrats!

I would prefer the Honda too but I think the Briggs is going to be good also. Only two suggestions that I would recommend(I would recommend for all mower engines really). 1. Run the fuel out over winter and don't let it sit in the carb. 2. Run ethanol free fuel for your standard gas.

Congrats again!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Redtenchu said:
Congrats man!

Now it's time to make a roller, or buy one!

:mrgreen:
Ordered a roller already!!! Normally I'd be all about making one to save cash but I've been so busy I know I wouldn't take the time to do it (projects stacking up) So I ordered one this morning from reel rollers!! 🤘🏻

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SGrabs33 said:
Yeah, agreed that thing looks great. Congrats!

I would prefer the Honda too but I think the Briggs is going to be good also. Only two suggestions that I would recommend(I would recommend for all mower engines really). 1. Run the fuel out over winter and don't let it sit in the carb. 2. Run ethanol free fuel for your standard gas.

Congrats again!
Cool thanks!! Will do!! And thanks again for all the tips and help! Your awesome man!!

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,863 Posts
dfw_pilot said:
...It'll be perfect with a roller and a TLF sticker on it.
Hahaha, I couldn't agree more! In fact, dfw_pilot will buy you one! If you want one, PM me your mailing address and I will drop it in the mail tomorrow. :thumbup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ware said:
dfw_pilot said:
...It'll be perfect with a roller and a TLF sticker on it.
Hahaha, I couldn't agree more! In fact, dfw_pilot will buy you one! If you want one, PM me your mailing address and I will drop it in the mail tomorrow. :thumbup:
Hell yeah!!! I herd those stickers add 1hp!! I'd be proud to run one!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.