Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought my first house. The only problem so far is that the lawn has been sitting untouched for the last year. Since this is my first time living in a house I struggle to understand how to take care for my lawn. Can you please advise me on how to deal with all these patches and weeds on my lawn.

· Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,873 Posts
Welcome to TLF! Where in Eastern Europe are you located? Do you know what types of grass are commonly grown in your area? I ask because this thread may belong in the cool season subforum. No worries though, it can be moved easily if that is the case.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am from Bulgaria, here is some info about our climate from Wikipedia. Basically we have all 4 seasons, very hot summer and very cold winter.

Bulgaria has a temperate-continental climate with moderate features which is characteristic for Central Europe, with hot summers, long, cold winters and very distinct seasons. Abundant snowfalls may occur throughout the country from December to mid-March, especially if you are in the mountainous areas of Bulgaria.

I searched for the best selling grass seeds in Bulgaria, they include:

Bermuda grass Comm
Festuca arundinacea 'FURY
Festuca arundinacea 'RENDITION'
Lolium perenne
Poa pratensis 'CADET'
Lolium perenne
Festuca rubra

I really like Bermuda grass, my only concern is that I have other types of grass already. Also I have 2 dogs, so I can't use chemicals.

· Registered
210 Posts
zafirovp said:
Also I have 2 dogs, so I can't use chemicals.
You can use chemicals. Just read the product label. Many herbicides/insecticides just need you to keep domestic animals out of the affected area until it dries. Trust me on this - our dog is our first child. We wouldn't do anything to harm it, and based on the photos I've seen from other members, they treat their animals the same way.

Welcome to TLF!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I have 4 small separate lawns, so I decided to spray one of them with Roundup and to start from scratch. This way I will have one year to experiment with it.

BTW everything seems so complex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.