Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in April, I had two large oak trees removed from my yard. One of them had cracked the driveway (see photo) and it turned that the other one was rotten in the middle. I also had the stumps ground out. I now have a fine crop of mushrooms every morning. As soon as the sun gets high in the sky, they die out, leaving unsightly dead mushroom stems. I have not planted any grass yet as I am giving it the rest of the year to settle first. So, the question is, does any one have thoughts on how to get rid of the mushrooms?





 

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
Joined
·
5,473 Posts
Most of the mushrooms are probably from the decaying roots from the tree. The only way I know of reducing them is to add sand and keep the area dry, as mushrooms tend to form under wet conditions.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top