Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So those of you that have reel mowers, how in the world do you get so close to the edges? I don't have a Maruyama (yet) and it may be next year before that happens. I've already decided the transport axles are coming off. But I've tried to drive right next to (parallel) the driveway on perimeter passes, etc and it still leaves a 2" strip of uncut grass. In my straight passes, I get as close as I can before I feel like the reel/groomer is going to eat the concrete.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MedozK said:
ahartzell said:
Redtenchu said:
I run 3-4 inches over the driveway. I just have one spot were the driveway slabs are uneven and I need to lift the reel.
Parallel to driveway? As in 3-4in of reel is on driveway and rest is cutting grass?
You can watch Red cut here:
Lol you know I've watched that more than I'd like to acknowledge...I guess I could do that...most of my lawn is above the grade of concrete...I'm still new to greens mower and having reel running on concrete or near edge of grass/concrete makes me cringe. I can just hear an awful sound and see pieces of a reel flying through the air :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.