Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good price or not so much?

This is at Walmart. I have never bought the stuff because it's quite difficult to find where I'm at. I've been mostly a synthetic man but everyone raves about it so I figured why not try.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
J_nick said:
I imagine that is not the correct spot for that sign. $19.44 is definitely high, here is what I found on their website.

He does live in Utah, so that could be the reason it costs so much out there as it's pretty far away from Milwaukee, WI. I agree that the price for me which is about what you found online keeps me away from using it. I have also used it in the past without good results but there might have been other factors involved.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You can get it as low as $3 at Walmart. So if this is the price you can get now locally then buy what you need immediately and wait for sales to stock up later.

Ace hardware/true value/Menard's usually do a sale around now. Walmart does their sale when they move inventory to bring out Christmas stuff.

·
Super Moderator
5,474 Posts
Just FYI, Menard's is just in the Midwest I believe. I still think him being in Utah is the reason for the high price but I will be curious to see what deals can be found on the stuff!!

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found it online true value. Com for. 11.99 but only shipped to store. Store wants 17.99 it's locally owned. For 17.99 I'm sticking with synthetic and adding humate on regular basis.

Red.... You've been called out. Please post the picture 🖼.

·
Registered
17 Posts
11.00 to 15.00 is price difference I find in the Omaha area. Ace- local nursery's being the highest and Walmart- lowes being the cheapest. One thing if you buy the very cheap bag from Walmart that is cheap because its probably more than 2 years old. You will need to screen the bags while pouring in your hopper to remove clumps, I found that the hard way once a piece is locked into the gate opening you are screwed, only way to get it out is to dump load and re-load.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Redtenchu said:
Pro Tip: if you find a damaged bag at Lowes, they will normally sell it for 50% off!
Don't ask him how he knows... :lol:

I kid, but funny story... when I was buying all the Walmart clearance Milo last year at ~$3/bag, I didn't take the 2-3 bags at the bottom of pallet that had holes in them because they refused to discount them further. In hindsight, I probably should have swallowed my pride and bought them anyway. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,474 Posts
Just FYI, the one year I tried to go organic, I decided to stock up on Milo the Winter before by buying a bag or two every payday or when I was at Lowe's or HD. I had a pretty big stack of it by the time Spring rolled around. I think I had around 40 bags.

Here are some pics from March of 2011.

·
Registered
8 Posts
$12.97/bag at Lowes and then I search eBay for $15 off $50 coupon codes. You can find a seller that sells two codes for .99 and usually sends the codes within the hour. With the cost of the coupon codes on eBay and making two transactions of four bags each, it brought the cost down to $9.34 per bag. Good enough for me until the Walmart sale.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.